Baby Yoga classes are fun and beneficial for baby and parent. They are held in clean and welcoming facilities which also allow for a relaxing coffee and chat after the classes.
Find a course
The benefits of baby yoga
- In one short session, the baby is given as much physical activity as they would receive if they were handled and carried all day. This activity will help the baby sleep more deeply.
- The baby’s behaviour will be more ‘settled’.
- It provides a daily routine of activity through which the parent can engage constructively with their baby from birth.
Physiological / developmental
- All the baby’s bodily systems are stimulated, including the digestive and nervous systems.
- The deep relaxation that is part of yoga baby yoga helps the parent and baby to get to know each other, enhancing communication between them.
- Yoga helps to heal any birth trauma; the baby will also be better equipped to deal with shocks.
- The baby’s enjoyment of the positive stress of yoga will increase the babies ability to cope with future challenges.
- Through the high quality attention the baby receives from it’s parents , the baby learns to interact with others and play actively.